I’ve still got one more day here at BlogWorld, so I reserve the right to add/delete/modify this list to fit in more stuff tomorrow – keep the quotes coming! (thx to SukiFuller!)
I’ve heard some incredibly insightful/funny/wise/profound/outrageous things here at BlogWorld 2008. Here are the top ten things that I’ve overheard and/or saw in the Conference Twitter feed.
- “Be You and Be Every Flaw.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Here’s my best practice on SEO (search engine optimization) – just write good shit.” – Guy Kawasaki
- “In order to make Twitter/social media work, your employees need to know HOW YOUR BIZ WORKS.” –Toby Bloomberg
- “I spend my life searching for negative things people say about me, and then I go and address it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Trying to take stuff off the internet is like trying to take pee out of the pool” – unknown
- “I want a relationship not a one-link stand” – Liz Strauss
- “It’s not about pitching blogs with traffic, it’s about building relationships with blogs with influence.” – Steve Radick (me!)
- “Best way to get links is to have an opinion and piss someone off. Then turn off the comments.” – Michael Gray
- “There is a human being behind every Tweet, blog, and email – remember that.” – Chris Brogan
- “How do you place a value on all the positive changes, and the positive blog posts, and the publicity created?” (in reference to measuring the ROI of social media) – @comcastcares
There are many more and I’m sure that there are others who have already come up with similar blog posts. Jonathan Gunson already did one just on Gary Vaynerchuk’s quotes from his keynote. If you have quotes that you liked, or want to respond to some of the ones I’ve collected above, leave a comment below. Hoping to hear even more nuggets tomorrow….