For the last nine years, I've been a keynoter, speaker, panelist, and moderator for everything from PRSA's International Conference to the U.S. European Command's Public Affairs Conference. My presentations focus on how organization, government agencies, and brands can better integrate social media into their marketing, public affairs, public relations, collaboration, and leadership strategies. My presentation style is NOT your run-of-the-mill PowerPoint presentation. I'm an energetic, self-deprecating, humorous, and personal speaker. I'd much rather have a real conversation with my audience instead of simply talking at them. I customize every presentation I give and adjust my focus on the fly depending on my audience.
Sample Speaking Topics Include:
- "Do You Have the Right People to Manage Your Social Media Initiatives?"
- "It's Not the Field, It's the Players"
- "From Buzzwords to Business: The Impact of Social Media on a Traditional Government Consulting Firm"
- "Seven Things About Social Media You're Not Going to Learn in College"
- And many others
- April 2-3, 2012 – PRSA Digital Impact Conference, "Do You Have the Right People to Manage Your Social Media Initiatives?"
- January 12, 2012 – IABC DC, "Social Media, a Pivotal Communications Tool"
- October 12, 2011 – Enterprise 2.0 Conference Webinar, "It's Not the Field, It's the Players."
- September 22, 2011 – Ad Week DC 2011
- June 2011 – Enterprise 2.0 Conference Boston
- May 10, 2011 – International Risk and Crisis Communication Conference
- April 27, 2011 – Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- April 1, 2011 – Bethany College, “7 Things About Social Media You Won’t Learn in College”
- July 20, 2010 – National Small Business Conference and Expo
- June 16, 2010 – SMCEDU panel discussion at DCWeek
- June 17, 2010 – PRSA Maryland’s 33rd Annual Chesapeake Conference
- March 4-6, 2010 – University of Southern Indiana Communications Symposium
- January 10, 2010 – Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting
- December 10, 2009 - U.S. European Command (EUCOM) Public Affairs Conference
- December 3, 2009 – All Services Social Media Council Conference
- November 6, 2009 – Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) International Conference: The Future of Public Relations
- April 27, 2009 – NewComm Forum 2009: Twenty Theses for Government 2.0, Cluetrain Style
- March 28, 2009 - Gov 2.0 Camp: Get on the Gov 2.0 Cluetrain or Get Hit by It
- January 14, 2009 – Social Media Club DC: Government 2.0 Part II
- January 15, 2009 – Tech Council of Maryland: Power Networking Tips, Trends, and Techniques
- December 8, 2008 - Social Media for Government Conference: Blogging 101
- November 6, 2008 - California Association for Coordinated Transportation (CalAct): New Media to Reach New Markets
- February 29, 2008 - American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Marketing & Communications Conference: New Media for a New Transportation Industry